March 22, 2016
Department of Mathematics, COMSATS Institute of Information Technology (CIIT), Wah Campus successfully conducted “4th COMSATS Mathematical Olympiad (CMO)”.
124 students of Intermediate level from local colleges participated in the event. Preparatory/training sessions were conducted by PhD faculty members of Mathematics Department from February 29 to March 4, 2016 in campus. The written test was held on March 5, 2016, top five students qualified for the final round of CMO. A quiz competition amongst finalist was held on March 22, 2016 and following students got the top three positions:
• First position: Mr. Mohammad Huzaifa Shahid from F. G. Degree College for Men Wah Cantt awarded 100
• Second position: Mr. Abdul Hanan from F. G. Science Degree College for Men Wah Cantt.
• Third position: Mr. Hammad Farooq, F. G. Degree College for Men Wah Cantt.
Following prizes were awarded to top three students.
• Awarded of 100%, 75% and 50% tuition fee waiver for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd position holders, respectively, if they secure admission at undergraduate level at CIIT, Wah Campus in 1st semester only.
• Cash prize of Rs. 5000, 3000, and 2000 for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd position holders, respectively.
• Shields and appreciation certification were also awarded.